عنوان مقاله [English]
In order to evaluate genetic diversity of Iranian indigenous Fenugreek populations on the basis of morphological traits, thirteen populations were collected from different regions of Iran and the experiment was conducted based on a completely randomized design with three replications. Results revealed that all populations exhibited significant differences for majority of studied traits. Yield of landraces varied between 5.29 to 27.87gr of fresh weight. The minimum and maximum fresh weights were recorded in Marand and Marvdasht landraces, respectively. Also, landraces bloomed 46 to 79 days after sowing. Thousand kernel weight was variable from 8.60gr (Ardestani) to 29.80gr (Marvdasht). Correlation coefficients showed significant positive correlation of leaf area and fresh weight. Also, a significantly positive correlation was observed between height at harvest time with fresh weight and number of stems with number of flowers, and number of pods with number of seeds per pod. In this study, factor analysis dropped features into six main and independent groups. Factors with eigenvalues higher than one were justified 80.47 percent of total variance. Cluster analysis divided all populations into three main groups, in which, there were three, two and eight landraces, respectively. Generally, the results showed that Iranian Fenugreek landraces have a high genetic diversity in regard to the studied traits.
- Chandra, K., E.V., Sastry, & D. Singh. (2000). Genetic variation and character association of seed yield and its component in fenugreek. Agricultural Science, 20(2), 93-95
-Eftekhari, S.A., M.H., Hassandokht, M.R., Fattahi Moghaddam, & A. Kashi. (2010). Genetic diversity of iranian spinach landraces based on morphological traits. Iranian Journal of Horticaltural Sciences, 41(1),83-93. (in Farsi)
-Farsi, M., & A. Bagheri. (2005). Principles of Plant Breeding. Publications University of Mashhad. (in Farsi)
-Farsi, M., & J. Zolali. (2011). Principles of Plant Biotechnology. Publications University of Mashhad. (in Farsi)
- McCurmick, K.M., R.M., Norton, & H.A. Eagles. (1998). Evaluation of a germplasm collection of Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graceum). Journal of Austrian agriculture, 34,123-126.
-Marzougui, N., A. Ferchichi, F. Guasmi, & M. Beji. (2007). Morphological and chemical diversity among 38 Tunisian cultivars of Trigonella foenum-graecum L. Journal of Food, Agriculture and Environment, 5(3), 248-253.
-McCurmick, K.M., R.M., Norton, & H.A. Eagles. (2009). Phenotypic variation within a fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum L.) germplasm collection. II. Cultivar selection based on traits associated with seed yield. Genetic Resources and Crop Evolution, 56(1), 651-661.
-Moradi, P., M.R., Hassandokht, & A. Kashi. (2010). Genetic diversity in iranian fenugreek landraces. Journal of Crop Ecophysiology, 16(4)55-70. (in Farsi)
-Moradi, P. 2008. Evaluation of Genetic diversity in iranian fenugreek landraces. Islamic Azad University, Science and Research Branch, Tehran. PhD Thesis. (in Farsi)
- Najafpour navaei, M. 1994. Regarding Fenugreek. Research Institute of Forests and Rangelands, Tehran, Iran. (in Farsi)
-Pezhmanmehr, M., M.E., Hassani, & S.M. Fakhrtabatabaei. (2009). Investigation of genetic diversity of some cumin mass of Kerman using RAPD molecular markers. Iranian Journal of Horticaltural Sciences, 39(1), 57-65. (in Farsi)
-Pirkhezri, M., M.E., Hassani, & S.M. Fakhrtabatabaei. (2008). Evaluation of genetic diversity of some German chamomile populations (Matricaria chamomilla L.) using some morphological and agronomical characteristics. Iranian Journal of Horticaltural Sciences, 22(2), 87-99. (in Farsi)
- Sadeghzadeh Ahari, D., M.R., Hassandokht, A. Kashi, A. Amri, & KH. Alizadeh. (2010). Selection for drought tolerance in some iranian fenugreek landraces. Iranian Journal of Horticaltural Sciences, 11(2),111-132. (in Farsi)
-Taiz, L., & E. Zeiger. (2010). Plant Physiology. Fifth Edition. Sinauer Associates. Sunderland, MA.
- Yadav, J.S., S. Jagdev, K. Virender, & B.D. Yadav. (2009). Effect of sowing time, spacing and seed rate on seed yield of fenugreek (Trigonella foenum gracum L.). Haryana Agricultural University Journal of Research, 30(3), 107-111.