عنوان مقاله [English]
In order to study the effects of foliar application of naphthalene acetic acid (NAA) on growth, yield and fruit quality of sweet pepper "California Wonder", an experiment was conducted in a randomized complete block design with three replications in the Research field of Faculty of Agriculture (University of Zanjan, Iran) in 2016. Treatments were consisted of NAA at five levels of 0 (control), 50, 100, 150 and 200 mg.L-1. The results showed that foliar application of NAA had significant effects on vegetative traits, yield and its components, and fruit quality. The highest fruit number per plant (5.6 and 6) and yield (24.6 and 24.9 t.ha-1) was achieved at 50 and 100 mg.L-1 NAA. The maximum plant height and chlorophyll index were obtained by application of 100 and 150 mg.L-1 NAA. The highest amount of total soluble solid (4.93 °B), vitamin C (103.73 mg.100ml-1) and fruit firmness was recorded at 100 mg.L-1 NAA. According to the results, application of 100 mg.L-1 NAA can be proposed to improve yield and fruit quality of sweet pepper.
- Alam, S. M. & Khan, M. A. (2002). Fruit yield of tomato as affected by NAA spray. Asian Journal of Plant Sciences, 1(1), 24.
- Bhosle, A. B., Khrbhade, S. B., Sanap, P. B. & Gorad, M. K. (2002). Effect of growth hormones on growth, yield of summer tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum Mill). Orissa Journal of Horticulture, 30(2), 63-65.
- Chaudhary, B. R., Sharma, M. D., Shakya, S. M. & Gautam, D. M. (2006). Effect of plant growth regulators on growth, yield and quality of Chilli (Capsicum annuum L.) at Rampur, Chitwan. Journal of the Institute of Agriculture and Animal Science, 27, 65-68.
- Doss, A., Anand, S. P. & keerthiga, M. (2013). Effect of foliar application of diammonium phosphate (dap), potash (K) and naphthalene acetic acid (NAA) on growth, yield and some biochemical constituents of Vigna mungo (L.) Hepper. Wudpecker Journal of Agricultural Research, 2(7), 206-208.
- Elyasi Moghaddam, M., Barzegar, T. & Ghahremani, Z. (2015). Effect of foliar application of naphthalene acetic acid and plant thinning on growth, yield and fruit quality of melon (Cucumis melo cv. Khatooni). Iranian Journal of Horticultural Science, 46(3), 467-474. (In Farsi)
- Gelmesa, D., Abebie, B. & Desalegn, L. (2010). Effects of gibberellic acid and 2, 4-dichlorophenoxyacetic acid spray on fruit yield and quality of tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum Mill.). Journal of Plant Breeding Crop Science, 2, 316-324.
- Georgea, B., Kaur, C., Khurdiya, D. S. & Kapoor, H. C. (2004). Antioxidants in Tomato (Lycopersium esculentum Mill.) as a function of genotype. Food Chemistry, 84(5), 45-51.
- Jahanbean, R., Yavari, S., Eshghi, S. & Tafazoli, E. (2008). The effect of 2, 4-D and K2SO4 on quantitative and qualitative characteristics of sweet orange cv. Navel fruits. Journal of Horticultural Science, 22(2), 101-112. (In Farsi)
- Jiyoung, O. (2008). Growth regulator effects on watermelon chilling resistance, flowering, and fruiting. M.Sc. Thesis. University of North Carolina State. USA.
- Kalantar, M., Khalighi, A., Hasanpour, A. & Tafazoli, A. (2008). Effect of auxin, ethylene and plant culture system on quantitative traits of cucumber (Cucumis sativus cv. Melita). Journal of Research in Agricultural Science, 4(2), 214-224. (In Farsi)
- Khandaker, M. M., Boyce, A. N., Osman, N. & Sharif Hossain, A. B. M. (2012). Physiochemical and phytochemical properties of wax apple (Syzygium samarangense [Blume] Merrill & L. M. Perry var. Jambu Madu) as affected by growth regulator application. The Scientific World Journal, 1-13.
- Khandaker, M. M., Sharif Hossain, A. B. M., Osman, N., Mat, N. & Boyce, A. N. (2015). Growth, yield and postharvest quality of wax apple by naphthalene acetic acid application. Revista Brasileira de Fruticultura, 37(2), 410-422.
- Maboko, M. M., Du Plooy, C. P. & Chiloane, S. (2012). Effect of plant population, stem and flower pruning on hydroponically grown sweet pepper in a shadenet structure. African Journal of Agricultural Research, 7, 1742-1748.
- Maboko, M. M. & Du Plooy, C. P. (2015). Effect of plant growth regulators on growth, yield, and quality of sweet pepper plants grown hydroponically. Horticultural Science, 50(3), 383-386.
- Mandal, D., Paria, N. C. & Maity, T. R. (1990). Response of cucumber (Cucumis sativus L.) to some plant growth regulatory. Crop Research-Hisar, 3, 244-246.
- Marbhal, S. K., Musmade, A. M., Kashi, N. V., Kamble, M. S. & Kamthe, P. V. (2005). Effect of growth regulators and picking sequence on seed yield of bittergourd. Haryana Journal of Horticultural science, 34(3-4), 323-326.
- Marin, A., Ferreres, F., Tomás-Barberán, F. A. & Gil, M. I. (2004). Characterization and quantitation of antioxidant constituents of sweet pepper (Capsicum annuum L.). Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 52(12), 3861-3869.
- Meena, R. S. (2008). Effect of GA3 and NAA on growth, yield and quality of tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum Mill.) cv. Pusa Ruby grown under semi-arid conditions. Current Agriculture, 32(1), 83-86.
- Mukesh, T., kumar, S. & Romisa, R. (2011). Influence of plant growth regulators on morphological, floral and yield traits of cucumber (Cucumis sativus L.). Journal of Nature Science, 45, 177-188.
- Nelson, J. (2009). Effect of Indole-3-acetic acid and naphthalene acetic acid on length and width of muskmelon (Cucumis melo L.) cultivar. Journal of Agricola, 9(3), 530-538.
- Nirmaljit, k., Monga, P. K., Thind, S. K., Thatai, S. K. & Vij, V. K. (2000). Effect of growth Regulators on periodical fruit drop in Kinnow mandarin. Haryana Journal of Horticultural Sciences, 29(1-2), 39-41.
- Ortola, A. G., Monerri, C. & Guardiola, J. L. (1991). The use of naphthalene acetic acid as a fruit growth enhancer in Satsuma mandarin, a comparison with the fruit thinning effect. Scientia Horticulturae, 47, 15-25.
- Ozkan, Y., Altuntas, E., Ozturk, B., Yildiz, K. & Saracoglu, O. (2012). The effect of NAA (1-naphthalene acetic acid) and AVG (amino ethoxy vinyl glycine) on physical, chemical, colour and mechanical properties of Braeburn apple. International Journal of Food Engineering, 8(3), 17.
- Ravi, K., Shanoo, B. & Wali, V. K. (2005). Effect of foliar application of GA3, NAA and CCC on physic-chemical characteristics of guava cv. Sardar. Haryana Journal of Horticultural Sciences, 34(1-2), 31-32.
- Saha, P. (2009). Effect of NAA and GA3 on yield and quality of tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum Mill). Environment and Ecology, 27(3), 1048-1050.
- Sawan, Z. M. & Sakr, R. A. (1998). Effect of 1-naphthalene acetic acid concentrations and the number of applications on the yield components, yield and fiber properties of the Egyptian cotton (Gossypium barbadense L.). Journal of Agronomic, 18, 275-283.
- Schafer, B. & Andersen, P. C. (1994). Subtropical and tropical crops. In: Handbook of environmental physiology of fruit crops. (pp. 165-190.) CRC Press United States.
- Sridhar, G., Koti, R. V., Chetti, M. B. & Hiremath, S. M. (2009). Effect of naphthalene acetic acid and mepiquat chloride on physiological components of yield in bell pepper (Capsicum annuum L.). Journal of Agricultural Research, 47(1), 53-62.
- Subbiah, K. & Perumal, R. (1990). Effect of calcium sources, concentration, stages and number of sprays on physicochemical properties of tomato fruits. South Indian Horticulture, 38, 20-27.
- Uddain, J., Akhtar Hossain, K. M., Mostafa, M. G. & Rahman, M. J. (2009). Effect of different plant growth regulators on growth and yield of tomato. Journal of Sustainable Agriculture, 1(3), 58-63.
- Ullah, M. J., Fatttah, Q. A. & Hossain, F. (2007). Response of growth, yield attributes and yield to the application of Knap and NAA in cowpea (Vigna unguiculata (L.) Walp.). Bangladesh Journal of Botany, 36(2), 127-132.
- Zhao, Y. (2008). The role of local biosynthesis of auxin and cytokinin in plant development. Current Opinion in Plant Biology, 11, 16-22.