عنوان مقاله [English]
The aim of the present investigation was to evaluate the effect of vermicompost and putrescine on morphological characteristics, photosynthetic pigments and yield of cucumber (Cucumis sativus L. var. Yalda). The experiment was conducted as a factorial experiment in completely randomized design with three replications at the research greenhouse of the University of Mohaghegh Ardabili, Iran. The treatments were consisted of vermicompost (0, 20, 40 and 60 volume percent) and putrescine (0, 0.5, 1 and 1.5 mM). Results showed that application of putrescine and vermicompost simultaneously improved plant height, leaf area and shoot dry weight of cucumber. The highest yield (2760 gr/plant) was achieved by application of 40% vermicompost and 0.5 mM putrescine solution. The lowest yield (698 gr/plant) was also achieved by application of 60% vermicompost without putrescine. Application of putrescine without vermicompost caused increased in the pigments in most of the treatments. However, putrescine with vermicompost had different results. Application of 20% vermicompost in the bedding had the greatest effect on the increase of photosynthetic pigments (chlorophyll a, total chlorophyll and carotenoids). Application of vermicompost without putrescine caused reduction in the photosynthetic pigments. Adding 40 and 60% vermicompost to the sowing bed resulted in an increase in the amount of chlorophyll b compared with the control.. In general the results of this investigation showed that integrative application of vermicompost upto 40% with spraying 0.5 mM putrescine can be effective for greenhouse cucumber production.
- Abdollahi, K., Esmaielpour, B., Khorramdel, S., Rastgoo, S. & Parmoon, G. (2017). Effect of vermicompost and putresine application on some biochemical traits and reproductive characteristic of greenhouse cucumber. Plant Process and Function, 6, 153-167. (In Farsi).
- Abel, G. H. & Mackenzie, A. J. (2007). Salt tolerance of soybean varieties (Glycine max L. Merrill) during germination and later growth. Crop Science, 4, 157-161.
- Abu-Kpawoh, J. C., Xi, Y. F., Zhang, Y. Z. & Jin, Y. F. (2002). Polyamine accumulation following Hot-water dips influence chilling injury and decay in friar plum fruit. Food Chemistry and Toxicology, 67(7), 2649-2653.
- Acevedo, I. C. & Pire, R. (2004). Effects of vermicompost as substrate amendment on growth of papaya (Carica papaya). Interciencia, 29(5), 274-279.
- Amin, A. A., Gharib, F. A. E., El-Awadi, M. & Rashad, E. M. (2011). Physiological response of onion plants to foliar application of putrescine and glutamine. Scientia Horticulturae, 1, 29, 353-360.
- Anwar, M., Patra, D. D., Chand, S., Alpesh, K., Naqvi, A. A. & Khanuja, S. P. S. (2005). Effect of organic manures and inorganic fertilizer on growth, herb and oil yield, nutrient accumulation, and oil quality of French basil. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis, 36, 1737-1746.
- Aracnon, N. Q., Edward, C. A. & Bierman, P. (2006). Influence of vermicomposts on field strawberries: effect on soil microbiologycal and chemical properties. Bioresource Technology, 97, 831-840.
- Arancon, N., Edwards, C. A., Bierman, P., Welch, C. & Metzger, J. D. (2004). Influences of vermin composts on field strawberries: Effects on growth and yields. Bioresource Technology, 93, 145-153.
- Arguello, J. A., Ledesma, A., Núnez, S. B., Rodriguez, C. H. & Goldfarb M. D. C. D. (2006). Vermicompost effects on bulbing dynamics, nonstru ctural carbohydrate content, yield, and quality of rosado paraguayo, garlic bulbs. Scientia Horticulturae 1,41(3), 589-592.
- Arnon, A. N. (1967). Method of extraction of chlorophyll in the plants. Agronomy Journal, 23, 112-121.
- Asghari, M., Yoosefi Rad, M. & Masoumi Zavarian, A. (2016). Effects of organic fertilizers of compost and vermicompost on qualitative and quantitative triats of lemon verbena. Journal of Medicinal Plants, 2(58), 63-71. (In Farsi).
- Ashraf, M., Bokhari, M. H. & Mehmood, S. (2000). Effect of four different salt on germination and seedling growth of four Brassica species. Journal of biology, 65, 551- 602.
- Atiyeh, R. M., Subler, S., Edwarda, C. A. & Metzeger, J. (2001). Pig manure vermicompost as a component of a horticultural bedding plant medium: Effects on physicochemical properties and plant growth. Bioresource Technology, 78, 11-20.
- Bachman, G. R. & Metzger, J. D. (2008). Growth of bedding plants in potting substrate amended with vermicompost. Bioresource Technology, 99, 3755-3761.
- Cavender, N. D., Atiyeh, R. L. & Knee, M. (2003). Vermicompost stimulates mycorrhizal colonization of roots of sorghum bicolor at the expense of plant growth. Pedobiologia, 47, 85-89.
- Chamani, E., Joyce, D. C. & Reihanitabar, A. (2008). Vermicompost effects on the growth and flowering of Petunia hybrida, dream neon rose. Journal of Agricultural and Environmental Ethics, 3, 506-512.
- Chand, S., Pande, P., Prasad, A., Anwar, M. & Patra, D. D. (2007). Influence of integrated supply of vermicompost and zince-enriched compost with two graded levels of iron and zinc on the productivity of geranium. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis, 38, 2581-2599.
- Degwale, A. (2016). Effect of vermicompost on growth, yield and quality of garlic (Allium sativum L.) in enebse sar midir district, northwestern ethiopia. Journal of Natural Sciences Research, 6(3), 51-63.
- Domínguez, J., Aira, M. & Gómez Brandón, M. (2010). Vermicomposting earthworms enhance the work of microbes. In: H. Insam, I. Franke-Whittle & M. Goberna, (Eds.), Microbes at Work: From Wastes to Resources (pp. 93-114). Springer, Berlin Heidelberg.
- El-Tohamy, W. A, El-Abagy, H. M. & El-Greadly, N. H. M. T. (2008). Studies on the effect of putrescine, yeast and vitamin C on growth, yield and physiological responses of eggplant (Solanum melongena L.) under sandy soil conditions. Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, 2(2), 296-300.
- Faraji, A., smailpoor, E. Sefidkon, F., Abaszadeh, B. & Khavazy, K. (2015). Effect of salicylic acid and putrescine on growth and essential oil compounds of summer savory (Satureja hortensis L.). Iranian Journal of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, 31(4), 709-722. (In Farsi).
- Gajalakshmi, S. & Abassi, S. A. (2002). Effect of the application of water hyacinth compost/ vermicompost on the growth and flowering of Crassandra undulaefolia and on several vegetables. Bioresource Technology, 85, 197-199.
- Gandhi, A. & Sundari, U. S. (2012). Effect of vermicompost prepared from aquatic weeds on growth and yield of eggplant (Solanum melongena L.). Journal of Biofertilizers & Biopesticides, 3, 1-4.
- Gharib, A. A. & Hanafy Ahmed, A. H. (2005). Response of pea plants (Pisum sativum L.) to foliar application of purescine, glucose, foliar feed and silicon. Mansoura University Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 30(12), 7563-7579.
- Gutie Montes-Molina, J. A., Nafate, C. C. Abud-Archila, M. Oliva-Llaven, M. A. Rosales, R. R. & Dendooven, L. (2007). Vermicompost as a soil supplement to improve growth, yield and fruit quality of tomato (Lycopersicum esculentum). Bioresource Technology, 98, 2781-2786.
- Hatch, D. J., Goodlass, G., Joynes, A. & Shepherd, M. A. (2007). The effect of cutting, mulching and applications of farmyard manure on nitrogen fixation in a red clover grass sward. Bioresource Technology, 98, 3243-3248.
- Heby, O. & Persson, L. (1990). Molecular genetics of polyamine synthesis in eukaryotic cells. Trends in Biochemical Scince, 15, 153-158.
- Iman, M., Talaat, A. & laila, K. (2010). Physiological response of sweet basil plants (Ocimum basilicum L.) to putrescine and trans-cinnamic acid. American-Eurasian Journal of Agricultural & Environmental Sciences, 8(4), 438-445.
- Kingsbury, R. W. & Epstein, R. W. (2004). Physiological responses to salinity in selected lines of wheat. Plant Physiology, 74, 417- 423.
- Liu, J. H., Honda, C. & Moriguchi, T. (2006). Involvement of polyamine in floral and fruit development. Japan Agricultural Research Quarterly, 40, 51-58.
- Malik, A. & Singh, Z. (2006). Improved fruit retention, yield and fruit quality in mango with exogenous application of polyamines. Scientia Horticulturae, 110, 167-174.
- Muscolo, A., Bovalo, F., Gionfriddo, F. & Nardi, D. (2001). Earthworm humic matter produces auxin-like effects on Daucus carota cell growth and nitrate metabolism. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 31, 1303-1311.
- Najar, I. A., Khan, A. B. & Hai, A. (2015). Effect of macrophyte vermicompost on growth and productivity of brinjal (Solanum melongena) under field conditions. International Journal of Recycling of Organic Waste in Agriculture, 4, 73-83.
- Narender, P., Malik, T. P. & Mangal, J. (2001). Effect of FYM and vermin compost on potato. Program supplement. Horticulture Art and Science for life XXVI the International Horticulture congress. Toronto. CANADA.
- Nazari, M. A., Shariatmadari, H., Afyuni, M., Mobli, M. & Rahili, S. (2006). Effect of utilization leachate and industrial sewage sludge on concentration of some nutrient and yield of wheat, barley and corn. Journal of Science and Technology of Agricultural and Natural Resources, 10, 3, 97-110.
- Sallaku, G., Ismet, B., Skender, K. & Astrit, B. (2009). The influence of vermicompost on plant growth characteristics of cucumber (Cucumis sativus L.) seedlings under saline conditions. Journal of food, Agriculture & Environment, 7, 869-872.
- Shi, K., Huang, Y. Y., Xia, X. J., Zhang,Y. L., Zhou Y. H. & Yu, J. Q. (2008). Protective role of Putrescine against salt stress is partially related to the improvement of water relation and nutritional imbalance in cucumber. Journal of Plant Nutrition, 31, 1820-1831.
- Talaat, I. M. & Balbaa, L. K. (2010). Physiological response of sweet basil plants (Ocimum basilicum L.) to Putrescine and Trans-Cinnamic Acid. American-Eurasian Journal of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, 8(4), 438-445.
- Walker, D. J. & Bernal, M. P. (2008). The effects of olive mill waste compost and poultry manure on the availability and plant uptake of nutrients in a highly saline soil. Bioresource Technology, 99, 396-403.
- Wang, X. X., Zhao, F., Zhang, G., Zhang, Y. & Yang, L. (2017). Vermicompost improves tomato yield and quality and the biochemical properties of soils with different tomato planting history in a greenhouse study. Frontiers in Plant Science, 8, 1-11.
- Yazdani, M., Pirdashti, H., Tajik, M. A. & Bahmanyar, M. A. (2008). Effect of Trichoderma spp. and different organic manures on growth and development in soybean [Glycine max (L.) Merril.]. Journal of Crop Production, 1(3), 65-82. (In Farsi).