عنوان مقاله [English]
In recent years, the production of greenhouse vegetables in Iran, has grown steadily due to water resources constraints. Among all the provinces of Iran, south of Kerman province, has been assigned the second place of cultivation area and production of greenhouse vegetables. Considering this importance, it has been tried to study the current status of greenhouse vegetables (cucumber and tomato) as well as problems of the producers in this area, in the present study. The research was based on descriptive and survey method. The statistical population was 1629 greenhouse vegetables producers with a license started during 2016-17 among which 88 producers were selected using Cochran formula and stratified cluster sampling method. The evaluation tool was a questionnaire that its validity was confirmed by a panel of experts and its reliability for different parts of the questionnaire was obtained between 0.63 to 0.89 using Cronbach's alpha coefficient. Garrett ranking technique was used to achieve the research objectives. The descriptive results of the study showed that, price fluctuations, lack of proper sales market and intermediation, respectively were the most important problems and barriers in the south of Kerman province. Therefore, in order to promote the production of these vegetables, it is suggested to address the marketing problems and lack of financial resources of the producers, instead of emphasizing on the technical aspects of production.
- Agricultural Statistics. (2017). Ministry of agriculture, deputy director of planning and economics, information and communication technology center. Volume II. (In Farsi)
- Alizade, S. (2013). Green-houseists association of kerman commerce, industries, mines and agriculture chamber. Quarterly Journal of Greenhouse in Southern Kerman Area, 1(1), 1-16. (In Farsi).
- Asadi, A., Hoseini, S. M., Abdollah Zadeh, G. H. & Gharaghani, A. (2009). An investigation of the inhibitory factors in the way of greenhouse cultivation development (case study: Isfahan province). Iranian Journal of Agricultural Economics and Development Research, 40(1), 95-105. (In Farsi)
- Calpas, J. (2006). Business opportunity evaluation of a large scale vegetable greenhouse in Alberta. Journal of the Agricultural Policy Framework and Food, 23, 84-97.
- Chendake A. D. & Chauhan P. M. (2015). Marketing strategy of greenhouse vegetable and flower growers in sabarkantha, dstrict of gujarat, India. Journal Agricultural Research, 53(2), 277-285.
- Engindeniz, S. (2002). Economic feasibility of organic Greenhouse cucumber production: The case of Menderes. Pakistan Journal of Biological Scienes, 5(3), 367-370.
- Eslami, M. R. (2015). Evaluation of marketing problems of greenhouse products in desert area (Case study: Greenhouse cucumber and tomato, Yazd province). Arid Biome Scientific and Research Journal, 5(1), 18-30. (In Farsi)
- Garrett, H. E. & Woodworth, R. S. (1973). Statistics in psychology and education, bombay, vakils, feffer and simons private Ltd.
- Hassanpour, B., Hassanshahi, M. & Younesi, H. (2013). Economic analysis of marketing margin for greenhouse cucumbers and tomatoes in Kohgiluyeh-va-Boyerahmad province, Iran. Annals of Biological Research, 4(2), 146-153.
- Khosh Khui, M., Mobli, M., Azizi, M., Vahdati, K., Grigorian, V. & Tafazoli, E. (2018a). Investigation on status of selected greenhouses in Iran (1. Descriptive Analysis). Strategic Research Journal of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, 3(2), 209-222. (In Farsi)
- Khosh Khui, M., Mobli, M., Azizi, M., Vahdati, K., Grigorian, V. & Tafazoli, E. (2018b). Investigation on Status of Selected Greenhouses in Iran (2. Inferential Analysis). Strategic Research Journal of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, 3(2), 223-236. (In Farsi)
- Mehrabi Basharabadi, H. (2008). Economic analysis of production of greenhouse products in Kerman province. Journal of Water and Soil Science, 12(44), 373-384.(In Farsi)
- Rao, P. S. (2000). Sampling methodologies with applications. Chapman and Hall/CRC.
- Rahmany, H., Nuraky, F. & Baradaran, M. (2012). Evaluation of effective factors on optimal management greenhouses summery in Khuzestan province, Journal of Science and Technology of Greenhouse Culture, 3(2), 89-100. (In Farsi)
- Roosta, K., Abadikhah, M. & Bakhshi, M. R. (2011). Economic assessment of greenhouse-cucumber production units in Birjand Township. Journal of Science and Technology of Greenhouse Culture, 2(7), 9-18. (In Farsi)
- Safely, C. (2003). Development of greenhouse and enhancing greenhouse profitability through improved marketing planning. North Carolina, State University.
- Salem, J. (2009). Economic study of greenhouse cucumber production and its comparison with non-greenhouse crops. First National Hydroponics and Greenhouse Products Congress, Isfahan University of Technology, 361-363. (In Farsi)
- Sanzua, L. J., Saha, H. M. & Mwafaida, J. (2018). Status of Greenhouse Farming in the Coastal Humid Climatic Region of Kenya. Universal Journal of Agricultural Research, 6(5), 165-172.
- Yilmaz, I., Sayin, C. & Ozkan, B. (2005). Turkish greenhouse industry: past, present, and future. New Zealand Journal of Crop and Horticultural Science, 33(3), 233-240.
- Zeratkish, S. Y. & Yousefi Motaghaed, H. (2017). Factors affecting the marketing margin for greenhouse rose flower in kohgiloye and Boyerahmad province. Agricultural Economics and Development, 25(97), 137-156. (In Farsi)